Headquarters: Fully Remote
We’re looking for a backend engineer who’s excited to come in and own our infrastructure and APIs, and has the potential to grow into a role as our director of engineering (if that’s your thing… or if you want to grow into being the best backend IC, then we’ll support that journey!)
The right candidate would…
– Have experience working with large data sets (100 GB+) and systems architecture
– Have experience in Python, NodeJS, Postgres, and NoSQL databases
– Have interest in finance/trading/crypto. You don’t need to be an expert, but it helps if you at least know the vocabulary
– Be able to make decisions and move quickly to build out MVPs, then iterate from there
– Have experience working remotely, and be self-motivated and curious
– Like writing highly readable code and shipping that code in small chunks.
– Love to collaborate and participate in code reviews
– Have strong written communication skills
– Be open to travel. We work remotely most of the time, but travel to meet in person for 3-4 non-consecutive weeks per year
– Be located in the Americas, Europe or Africa, or willing to work a shifted schedule to be available for calls during US daytime hours.
How we work…
– We are a fully distributed team. We have no “home office” and our founders live in three different states. Everything we do happens online.
– We get together every 3-4 months in cool places around the world to hang out, build IRL relationships, and strengthen bonds.
– We have no set hours– everyone works the hours that make sense for them.
– We’re kind, supportive and inclusive.
– We love open source, and strive to contribute back to the projects that we build on top of.
– Competitive salary and generous stock option program
– Time off… we believe that stepping away from a problem helps you come back recharged and ready to come up with new solutions. As a result, we close down the company for 4 weeks every summer and 2 weeks over the winter holidays so that you can truly disconnect without worrying about what you’re missing. In addition to these 6 weeks, we also have an unlimited PTO policy, so you can take additional time off when needed. To make this work, we have a high bar for folks to come in and be motivated to build amazing products.
– Get an allowance to set up your home office and a new laptop periodically.
– US-based employees get health, dental and vision insurance (with premiums covered 100%), life insurance, and 401k with 6% matching.
– Professional development. Conferences, books, online courses– we’re here to support your growth.